February 11, 2010

love layers

this time of year i always end up in a bit of a winter clothing conundrum - i'm already sick of winter, but we still have another 2 months before i can even think of putting on flip flops. what makes it extra hard is this year, my area of the office is a temperature guessing game. it's a gamble to wear a sweater because the heat might be blasting; but wearing just a t-shirt could result with me wearing my fingerless gloves & a blanket all day. so for the last few weeks i've opted for the super-duper layered approach. i start with a long tank top for insulation, then add a t-shirt (or two), a long sleeve knit top, and either a cardigan or a scarf looped around my neck. it gives me lots of temperature options for the day - i can take off and put back on all day long! what's fun is that soon we're going to be selling these kinds of styles here - it will make it very easy for me to get a few new colors to freshen my wardrobe! various length knit tees, cardigans, and scarves will be on metrostyle.com around 2/22...