May 4, 2010

A Style All Her Own

In honor of Mother’s Day (May 9th), I thought it’d be fun to blog about what I admire about my mom’s style.

But here’s the thing: It’s kind of hard to define my mom’s style! Trendy? Nope. Classic? Kinda. Glamorous? Not if she can help it…

In a way, I think my mom’s style is as unique as she is. She loves simple, comfortable styles. But she most appreciates the ones with little details that make them stand apart – like delicate embroidery, pretty trim or specialty stitching.

My mom also has an artist’s eye and really knows how to work with color. She is often drawn to neutrals and soft tones, but every once in a while she kicks it up a notch with a rich red or lime green…just to keep it interesting!

But what I love most about my mom’s style is how well it suits her personality. It’s comfortable, approachable, expressive and interesting…everything that my mom is!

By Bren B