March 1, 2010

How to Create a Unique Hookup

By Guest Blogger: Tara T.

Hello my beautiful ladies of fashion!

This blog post may not come as a surprise since Spring…Did I say Spring? Yay!!! Yes, Spring is right around the corner. Many of us are already working on our Spring wardrobes; while others are still trying to get our Winter wardrobes up to par (lol).

With Spring right around the corner we all want to look our best, and in my opinion, different. Now, I don’t know about you, but I just love to look different. I am called the trendsetter of my town because no one will never know where to find each piece of clothing I am wearing. I have a few fashion tips that will be sure to help you get your gear up.

Tip #1: We all have gone shopping and went into a store simply because of the outfit we saw that was perfectly coordinated on the manikin in the window. There may have been a few times when we just had to have the exact same “hookup” that the manikin in the window was wearing; even down to the accessories. Ladies…This is a fashion NO-NO!

Never, ever, and I mean never, go into a store and ask to buy every last piece of merchandise that was displayed on the manikin because, guess what? The same way you saw and just fell in love with the outfit on the manikin, is the same way hundreds of other women did the same thing.

Do not buy everything you saw the manikin wearing, and instead pick out the piece of clothing you like the best and purchase that. Then, take whatever you bought, whether it be the shirt or the pants, and take that into another store with you. Now, sometimes you have to check your purchase in at the counter, but beg the sales rep to let you take your purchase in so you can match it. Offer to let them hold something else of yours if you have to, but do not enter that store unless you have what you are trying to match.

Once you have found the shirt to go with your jeans, both items purchased from different stores, go to a completely different store and accessorize. Now, I am not saying that by doing this no one else will have what you have, but the chances are far less of someone having your identical outfit on if you follow these steps.

Now you don’t have to worry about walking into your job and having the same outfit on as your rival counterpart (that person who has fashion battles with you). I have been doing this for over 10 years and I have never seen anyone wearing the exact same thing as me. I have seen someone wearing maybe the shirt or pants that I was wearing, but they complimented me about my outfit because of how I coordinated it.

Stay tuned for more tips from Tara...coming soon! Next up? Shopping for shoes!