August 5, 2010

For those about to rock…I salute you.

Heavy metal rock music is not my thing. But my husband loves it, and I love him. So when he asked me to go to a Creed concert with him, I said yes with one stipulation: I’d need a new outfit.

As I explained to my husband, my typical ruffles, lace and love of all things frilly would simply not do at a rock concert. He chuckled knowingly, and replied, “Just try to keep it under $100.”


No prob. I love a challenge.


When deciding what to buy for this concert, I knew I didn’t want to go overboard and end up looking costume-y. I also wanted items that were somewhat edgy, but could also blend with my regular wardrobe. Here’s what I got:


Boyfriend jeans ($35) + a black tank I already own ($0) + a long chain necklace ($20) + plus (my fave) edgy studded pumps ($40). Simple. Chic. Cheap.


Rock on!


By: Bren B