March 26, 2009

Employee Interview: Brenda, copywriter

1. Who are you and what is your official job title?
Brenda Burger, metrostyle copywriter

2. Briefly describe what you do on a daily basis...
I write all the copy for all the catalogs, emails, web pages, magazine ads and direct mail pieces produced by metrostyle. If it has words on it...I probably had something to do with it!

3. What's your favorite part of your job?
Writing about clothing! In the past, I've held jobs writing about home decor and direct sales. Writing about women's clothing is just so much more fun.

4. Least favorite?
Proofreading legal documents. Yuck.

5. What aspect of your job most directly affects our customers?
Customers see my efforts every day in the catalog and on metrostyle.com...from headlines to individual item descriptions! Hope you like them :)

6. Do you shop on metrostyle.com?
Oh yes. One of the hazards of writing about fashion is that I want at least a dozen things from each new collection. My most recent purchase included a boarder print tunic and cargo pants. I've also got my eye on this adorable tiered knit dress from the upcoming Summer Collection.

7. Just one more...what's your favorite food?
Chocolate. More specifically, my mother-in-law's chocolate chip cookies. I'm not sure what she puts in them - fairy dust, maybe? - but they are incredibly addictive.


Interview by, Jon.