April 2, 2009

"What, this old thing?"


I have a friend who hides the fact that she's been shopping from her husband. Whenever he asks "Is that new?" she tells him that she's had it forever. I thought she was crazy! I'd show my husband everything I bought, and I'd DARE him to tell me I don't need it!

But last week, the weather FINALLY started to show signs of spring. So I treated myself to a pedicure and a cute new pair of sandals. When I got home, I showed them off to my husband and he said, "New shoes? I thought we were saving up for a vacation?"

After a long, long discussion about the sandals...my husband finally came around and agreed it was a justified expense. But it got me thinking...maybe my friend has the right idea...maybe next time I just won't say anything at all.

My question...how honest are you about your shopping?

By: Bren B