September 4, 2009

Need a Vacation Destination?

I am not a big fan of the stay-cation, but like most people I am watching my budget right now. So with some time off recently I thought that we would head somewhere close, but not so close that we didn't feel like we got away.

We took the whole family, complete with my 9 month old son and his proud grandparents in tow, up to Lake George in upstate NY. If you've never been, and you happen to be located in the Northeast, this is a nice spot for a laid back vacation. We spent our time relaxing lakeside, did the tourist thing and took a cruise on the lake on the Minne-Ha-Ha steamboat, and explored the Lake George forest preserve. The Hudson river runs lazily through this part of NY and is perfect for tubing, and there are also over a dozen mini golf courses in the area. I recommend Around the World golf, which even features an underground NY subway!

by Suzy