October 14, 2009

Soft-pants vs. Athletic Pants

I was talking to my friend about the difference between sweatpants and athletic pants. He introduced me to the term "soft-pants" which is just a fabulous word and I think everyone should start using it!

Soft-pants are great, they're versatile, they could go either way with your mood-
"my boyfriend just dumped me and now I need to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's and complain about what a jerk he is while watching Divorce Court" OR "I'm having a fantastic day, I'm going to lounge around with my girlfriends, catch up on Gossip Girl and bake cookies!"
(It's all about eating, no matter what the mood.)

Athletic pants are also comfy, but are more appropriate for public venues; Mostly because they are slightly more flattering. I said slightly! They carry a different meaning- "I might go play tennis or go to my dance class" or "I have a flight later today and these elastic waists are less restricting on my belly when I eat all of those airplane peanuts."

Soft-pants are great as pajamas when visiting family at Thanksgiving. Athletic pants are great to wear when preparing Thanksgiving dinner in the wee hours of the morning.

Soft-pants are truly for anyone to wear. Athletic pants I feel, should really only be worn if you exercise or do some sort of sport. You don't have to exercise all the time, just once a year should suffice for owning a pair. See, we're all set! I had a good friend who owned about 10 pairs of athletic pants and only recently did I realize how hilarious it was that he NEVER did anything remotely sporty. His version of getting "dressed up" to go to a family dinner was putting on jeans! Sorry, I digress.

Wear what you wish, whenever you want, just remember, you never know when you might run into a really hot guy (including your significant other), so make sure you look smokin' hot in whatever you're wearing.

p.s. I LOVE my athletic pants and wear them every Saturday, and I look fabulous!
-Kyndall