October 16, 2009

What to do with digital outtakes?

I love my digital camera. My strategy is to take as many pictures as possible in hopes of capturing that one perfect moment! My dilemma is what to do with all of those shots of the not-so-perfect moments?

My husband and my son both blink their eyes at the most inopportune times, like when I am snapping a picture, and lately my little one has learned to shut his eyes tightly if he knows the flash is coming! The result is lots of photos like this..
And last Christmas Eve the camera took a dip in some chocolate frosting and the shutter hasn't been the same since. It will only open half way on occasion, resulting in photos with an unintentional artsy effect...
So what do I do with these delightful snapshots? They are still capturing a moment in time, just not the moments that I want to frame and hang on my wall. For now I will save them...but I would love to hear what you do with your outtakes...

by Suzy