December 24, 2008

Christmas PJ's


Merry Christmas!

Tonight is Christmas Eve and I am getting ready to enjoy an evening of family, food and fun. My older sister Katie and I always get dressed up for Christmas Eve since we go to church that night. Often times the gift she gives me for Christmas is an outfit for me to wear to mass. However, once we arrive home, we always put on our coordinating Christmas PJ's. We have been doing this for years! We actually wear them all day on Christmas. Is is a rule in our house now that we are adults that everyone stay in their pj's all day on Christmas.


It all started because our Grandmother used to make us coordinating flannel PJ's with coordinating bonnets and all! (see photo from 1982)


I look forward to wearing my coordinating PJ's from Thanksgiving on! We have even gone to the extreme of buying the Aunts and my husband and brother in law coordinating PJ's too!

Last year my brother in law would not play along so he had to wear a Grumpy Santa hat to dinner (that we had bought at Disney) otherwise we told him he would not get dinner!


I know I am not the only one who partakes in the Christmas PJ's. It is the only holiday where you can find tons of PJ's dedicated to the celebration of Christmas! Even in the Christmas Story Ralphie gets bunny PJ's from his Aunt for Christmas!


I don't think I could get any of my relatives to wear bunny PJ's... but none the less Christmas PJ's are big part of our family celebration!


So-- Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holiday. Sleep tight tonight in your PJ's and maybe Santa will bring you everything you want this Christmas!


by Gabby