November 11, 2008

Employee Interview: Ed from Image Processing

1. Who are you and what is your official job title?
My name is Ed and I'm a Digital Image Processor here at Boston Apparel Group.

2. Briefly describe what you do on a daily basis...
I am responsible for digitally editing, adjusting and uploading online catalog imagery and coordinating basic website functions in accordance with the Web Design department. More recently, I have become the project leader of item colorization for the web, where I create colored samples that can be conveniently
viewed by customers online. Also, I occasionally assist the other designers with various creative and technical tasks.

3. What's your favorite part of your job?
It's been great to work with the latest equipment and design software on projects that require utilizing problem-solving skills and presenting new ideas- both of which are things that I enjoy.

4. Least favorite?
Often times, the high volume of work keeps me constantly busy and can pile up with multiple projects coming in at the same time- it can be quite draining at the end of the day.

5. What aspect of your job most directly affects our customers?
The actual image processing and uploading part would probably be the most important, because without my role of prepping and sizing the images to go up on our site, our customers wouldn't be able to see what they were purchasing!

6. Do you shop on metrostyle.com?
I don't, as a 23-year old male isn't quite their target customer!

7. Just one more...what's your favorite food?
Good question! Probably a toss-up between Spaghetti & Meatballs and Boiled Lobster...

Interview by Jon