November 12, 2008

Too Fat for Skinny Jeans?

Do you feel like you can’t wear skinny jeans? There are so many different styles of denim to choose from. There’s bootcut, skinny, wide leg, high waist, low rise, suspender, flare…the list goes on, as well as all the different washes (dark, light, color).

When I go to the mall to look for a pair of jeans, I never knew if I could get away with wearing skinny jeans. Then I ask the question, what type of shoe do I wear with a skinny jean? What type of top do I wear? As I look through magazines and watch TV, I notice that many people wear longer tops/tunics with skinny jeans, people also wear them with a cropped blazer or even a t-shirt.

As I bought my first pair of skinny jeans, I realized that skinny jeans are not just for skinny people, any shape/size can wear a skinny jean. It is a misconception that you can only wear a skinny jean if you are thin. No matter how big or small you are a skinny jean looks good on anyone once you accessorize with a belt, and a sexy pair of pumps or boots. What I love about metrostyle is that you can find any type of denim jean, including many skinny jean styles, up to a size 20T!!! So I don’t want to hear anyone else say that they are not skinny enough to wear skinny jeans!

By Allie