November 27, 2008

My Thanksgiving Day Charade

Ahh it’s that time of year again…thanksgiving! I woke up at 10am this morning after a well deserved night’s rest and as I was making myself a cup of coffee my brother came out of his bedroom very excited and shouted
“Are you ready, Kenzo?”

“Not yet” I replied slightly annoyed. After all I had just woken up and I'm not a morning person. I went into my room to finish my coffee. He kept yelling at me to hurry up and get dressed. Ten minutes later he started to shout again. I yelled back: “Go away!”

But, believe it or not in a few minutes we were actually out the door and on our way to our aunt’s house. We were going to spend Thanksgiving there. When we arrived at my aunt’s house my cousin Andrea ran outside to greet us (she’s only 9 ¾). My other cousin Natasha a.k.a. “The Diva” finally greeted us with her presence 20 minutes later dressed in her moons & stars printed bathrobe. Out of sheer curiosity I just had to ask her for an explanation. “I don’t have a clean pair of pants” she whined before going back upstairs to her room.

We weren’t surprised in the least bit. See my cousin is a teen diva who has never done laundry or washed the dishes and will only wear designer label clothes and accessories. She’s also 13 going on 30 so she wears make-up, carries a cell phone and wants to buy an Aston Martin Vanquish as soon as she can get a driver's license. What can we expect next? Is this what the next generation is going to be like?

However there is some hope for the next generation – Andy my younger cousin is very intelligent, environment conscious, funny, an avid reader and apparently a good writer (she helped me get past my writer’s block). So now to reward her I’m going to play her favorite trivia game “Taboo”.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

By keNzo